Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Preparing for Marriage"

This week in Family Relations we learned about how to prepare for Marriage. I know I'm already married but it was still very interesting to learn about how this still applies to my life. By learning this week I feel like I can help out those who are still struggling with making that wonderful decision on getting married. 

I learned a TON about cohabiting this week. I always wondered why it was such a struggle for those that cohabit to have a successful marriage afterwards. I learned that there are four different types of cohabiting couples but the main thing I learned was that if you start off cohabiting you and your partner are still living two separate lives. That means when you do eventually get married you are sill more likely to fall back into those habits that you have originally started off with and you will struggle with the idea of the whole concept of marriage which is sharing. Once you get married you are striving to be in unison in everything. You have to learn that it is suddenly not your money that you earn anymore but its own money that we earn. I just found it so interesting that you really need to be careful with how you handle your choices now (before you get married). Cause they will make a huge impact later in life. 

Basically get married first then do the hard part of learning to mesh together. (its more fun that way anyways)

No comments:

Post a Comment