Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Budgeting

I have to admit. I am not very good at budgeting at all. I kept track of my money pretty well and saved a lot of it and then I got married and it started to feel that everything was gone. I didn't realize how expensive married life really is but it is also really nice to share resources. My husband and I both work on Campus.

I do notice that the more we worry about finances the more often we do go out to eat or we go to the store and buy something. I didn't notice this was happening until we talked about that problem in class. It scared me. I wasn't going into any major debt or anything but I noticed that we weren't so well off as we might have believed.

I talked about this with my husband and he agreed we need to sit down and write out a budget. It is SO relieving knowing how much you need to spend and where you are putting your money towards. My husband has taken the Money Management Class last year and remembered a lot from it, which helps a ton.

I'm grateful for the book "One for the money" by Elder Ashton. It was very eye-opening and said to admit that I probably wouldn't have read it unless it was required but I'm grateful that I did and it was definitely worth the read.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

May your crusts be flaky and your turkey juicy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment