Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Infidelity

This last week in class we talked a lot about infidelity. It kind of took me by surprise about how easy it is to fall into an affair. When the class read the article it talked about two guys who were assigned to work with this girl. They were both happily married and neither of them had the thought of falling in love or having an affair with this girl. One of the men had rules that he had made with his wife about not driving alone with a girl so he always made an excuse to find a ride there. The other guy didn't have a problem with it. It turns out that he did end up falling in love with this girl without even wanting to.
As soon as I read all the prep work for this class, I went and sat down with my husband and we talked about what we would do to prevent fidelity. Neither of us are really worried about fidelity because we are newlyweds but we still talked about it and put down some boundaries. I'm really grateful for that. I'm even more grateful for my spouse and his willingness to understand this problem better with me.

1 comment:

  1. This discussion was really an eye-opener to me, too. It really made me want to make sure that when I am married, my husband and I will sit down and talk about these things and make boundaries.

    ReplyDelete